Are you a driven Business Analyst? Looking to be supported in your development? Want to work with a strong finance team?
JOB TITLE: Business Analyst
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager
LOCATION: Hemel Hempstead
Support for reporting of all Owner income across the Park estate. Direct support for a number of parks within a dedicated region. Prepare monthly and weekly management accounts for parks. Responsible for producing financial information as specified below for specific parks and for some business-wide reports. Using information to help control and reporting of key trading and expenditure areas, ensuring accuracy and assisting relevant people in understanding and resolving issues arising.
• Be in the process of obtaining an accounting qualification or passed finalist.
• Have the ability to work across departments and be capable of building sound working relationships.
• Be an excellent communicator who can build relationships and liaise with people at all levels, both financial and non-financial, face to face and remotely
• Possess the tenacity and persistence to follow up on issues arising
• Take an analytical approach to identify and act upon key issues
Prepare weekly and period end management reports
Act in a pro-active manner highlighting areas of concern to senior management
Ad hoc tasks as required by the business and agreed by Finance Management team
• Process Park Owners income deferrals and monitor cost chargeable to Owners, ensuring accuracy, proper authorisation and appropriate accounting treatments
• Complete reconciliations of deferred income at period end, together with other reconciliations as required
• Prepare and analyse period management accounts for parks, including KPIs. Review variances and liaise with park management and FMs in resolving queries. Coach Park General Managers in the interpretation of their accounts and appropriate corrective actions.
• Assist in preparation and distribution of weekly Key Area and Seasonal Wages reports, resolving and commenting on issues arising
• Review and sense check consolidated Park budgets for appropriate business areas and activities, and phasing into weekly and period formats
• Record and monitor park utilities usage and spend, identifying and reporting on anomalies. Provide information to cost consultants as needed, and ensure up to date cost information is reflected in accounts and forecasts
• Regularly visit parks, building working relationships, and enhancing understanding of financial information and controls
In addition to your normal duties, you may be required to assist with duties not directly linked to your job description but commensurate with the job purpose. There will be some travel to our Gosforth office.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook are required.
• Experience and a working knowledge of different PDR systems is preferred.
• Excellent time management.
• Accuracy & attention to detail is essential.
• Strong communication and Customer Service skills.
• Is able to demonstrate team work skills.